In the month of April a friend of mine was visiting us from Delhi. I was in a spree to show him the different f&B houses in Bangalore. I chose Big Pitcher , on the old airport road as it is a one stop shop for a gastronomical experience.I have been here a couple of times before but I don’t think I have had the opportunity to spend so much time here.
Big Pitcher boasts to be the largest micro brewery in Bangalore and it lives up to its reputation.Spread over 6 floors, it houses a brewery,one main kitchen and 4 show kitchens. Each floor has a distinct flavor in terms of the food they serve,the furniture and the ambiance.
The ground and first floor houses the micro brewery and is known as ‘Club Kahuna‘. The food on offer is global cuisine with an array of cocktails.One would be spoilt for choice. There is a small stage for live music which doubles up for DJ nights as well.We were witness to some lovely live music at the end of the day.
There are 5 beers on the tap. The names are quite unique and the beers are quite good.
- Adjust Maadi – A german Wheat Beer with moderate to storn clove aroma with fruity overtones.It pairs well with pizza and salads.
- Czech That Pilsner – Delicate aroma with flower and herbal notes.A tad bitter with slight caramel flavour.It pairs well with spicy dishes.
- Hop Witch – An Ale with with scents of citrus,orange,lemongrass and passion fruit.Dry and easy to drink but with a firm body.It pairs well with burgers,steaks and pizzas.
- Kingslayer – A dark wheat ale with a compelx marriage of tofee like malt notes,moderate wheat flavour and pwerful aroma of dark fruits (plum,prunes and raisins).It pairs well with meat.
- Sarava – A brazilian wheat beer which is slightly tart and sweet along with some grainy raw flavour.The beer is turbid due to yeast in suspension.It goes well with salads and veg starters.
The second floor houses the ‘Splitwood‘. This floor caters to pan asian and tex mex cuisine and has a mid western theme.This is a nice place for family and corporate audience. It is know for its signature dishes like ‘Mosey Pepper Pizza’ and ‘Prawn till Yawn’.
If you like large buffet spread with live grill then you should head to the third floor to dine at the ‘Sizzling Street‘.It serves best of the world barbeque along with indian and oriental buffet.Soft arabic music adds to the experience.
The fourth floor houses the dance floor and is known as ‘STUDIO 4121‘. It’s a massive dance floor and perfect for people who want to dance the night out.Also a perfect place to host office and corporate get together’s. All the big events like ladies night,EDM nights,techno nights are held here.
Last but not the least and definitely the crown jewel is the roof top ‘STAR LOUNGE’.Its a place where you can dine in style under the Moon Light with fresh air brushing across you as you enjoy Bangalore’s best Sizzlers, Grill and Steak.You can also choose your seafood and have it grilled in front of you. Here, the Music is soft, food is Classy, ambience is romantic and the experience is etched in your memory for ever!
Coming to the food , we tried the food at ‘Club Kahuna’ and were impressed by the plethora of choices. We started with two different kinds of soup along with freshly baked pizza. Next was Non veg Nachos, sheek kebabs,prawns,chicken skewers,baked fish and a tenderloin steak.
We also tried many cocktails like ‘Whip lash’ , ‘Devils Advocate’ and ‘Calm-a -Sutra’.All of them were made nicely, but I personally felt they were on the sweeter side.
Later we retired to the 2nd floor where we tried two of their sheesha’s and desserts.We also sipped on a Kokum beer.Perhaps this was the most relaxing part of the day.They also have a selection of cigars if you are a cigar fan.
From outside Big Pitcher is like a tip of an iceberg. You don’t know whats in store until you have actually wandered inside.Overall an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend everyone to try out Big Pitcher.